I’m catching up on our birthdays that came and went in November.
First SiSi turned 9! Thanks to her Aunt Jill she had an awesome cake and had a great party at the park with her cousins from down south. She was my early birthday present 9 years ago.
Then just 3days later Ace and I shared a birthday. She was born at home on my birthday, the best present I ever received. This year has truly flown by too fast. I am grateful for all of my children but I don’t think anyone in my family would disagree when I say that Ace has been the bright spot in a dark year.
We had a great day today. I unearthed the top of our dresser and the top of the diaper changer.
Took Aly to the dollar store to get candy for the graham cracker house she wanted to make.
Laundry was done through out the day.
My awesome, totally hot husband cleaned out the refrigerator AND did all of the dishes.
I got some knitting done.
The bigs had a great time making their graham cracker houses.
The littles were happy as usual.
We had a great family dinner.
And the best part was no one fought all day long!
Pause my player at the bottom before you view.
The apron is almost finished!!
I just need to add a heart applique at the top and voila!
C.C. being the model
Close up of the print
The fabric that the heart will be cut from.
That is what I am trying to do for Christmas this year. In some cases it won’t be possible, in others it will work just fine. So far this is what I have running around my head.
1. The bigs have dress up cloaks that they don’t use anymore so we are going to tighten up the buttons and they will give one to Emi for her birthday (early Dec) and one for Christmas.
2. I am making the apron here for Emi for her birthday. I have to put it together today. If it turns out ok, which I think it will, then I plan on making one for C.C. because she loves to cook. I will post pictures when I am done.
3. My inlaws want a gift basket of farm fresh items so we are going to put together one with cheese from our farmer, fresh eggs, raw honey, cider, venison jerky and summer sausage and a few other items. Of course for their lab Abby we will have a large bag of homemade dog treats…if I can find the recipe.
4. I am knitting a fun pink scarf for my niece. If I have time I am making a fleece pullover for my nephew. Other wise his gift will be store bought.
5. C.C. is making a homemade hot cocoa mix for our neighbors.
6. Cookies of course will abound around the neighborhood because we like to bake but don’t need to eat all of them.
7. New ornaments will be made for grandparents and I am making a small album for each of the grandmothers and great grandmothers. It will be titled “A Year in Pictures”.
I wanted to knit some other things but with the unexpected trip to Mississippi it may not happen. Now I need to wish all of you a happy Thanksgiving. We will be out of town on Thursday. And since I have so much to do in regards to this list my posts may slow down.
Be Blessed for You are All a Blessing to Me