I turned 37 in November. Not a big deal birthday, just one step closer to 40, and one more step further away from 30. I have enjoyed my 30s. I had planned to be finished having children by my 30th birthday. Best laid plans of mice and men or something like that….I had Emily a month after I turned 30 and then came Ashlyn and Zoe. Thirty felt grown up finally. I feel like I am finding my groove as a gentle parent. Had a rough bump this past year with our unschooling but I feel like we are coming out of that and moving along just fine. I have seen a lot of growth in my 30s and I like what I have experienced for the most part.
So, when I turned 37 I thought it would be cool to make a list of 37 things that I wanted to do in my 37th year of life. I am not a risk taker. This list will not include things like skydiving or rock climbing. It will probably look pretty boring to those on the outside. It is simply a list of things that I want to accomplish this year. So, without further ado my 37 in 37 list in no particular order.
37 thing to do in my 37th year of life
1.Run a 5k (in training now)
2.Reach my goal weight of 120lbs
3.Participate in an archaeological dig
4. Take a hip hop dance class
5. Take a photography class
6. Take a trip with Grandma Marty
7.Knit a sweater for myself
8 .Open an Etsy shop
9. Journal everyday
10. Blog daily–Starting in Jan.
11.Watch the sunset on Lake Michigan
12. Learn to knit socks 2 at a time
13. Read 1 fiction book a month
14. Hike in every state park in Indiana
15. Visit 37 different covered bridges and take pictures
16. Enter a poetry contest
17. Finish my dining room chairs
18. Take an archery class
19. Take a yoga class
20. Finish my knitting needle case
21. Learn to shoot a gun
22. Run 100 miles by my 38th birthday(11 miles done so far)
23. Visit a state I have never been to
24. No unhealthy fast food
25. Take a weekend trip with my big girls
26. Get my photos printed and organized through 2011.
27. Go geocaching
28. Decrease my yelling
29. Say yes more
30. Try once a month cooking
31. Go to a pow wow
31. Laugh more
32. Photograph myself more
33. Get a tatoo
34. Find and participate in 37 free things in and around our city.
35. Actually participate in the Handbook of Nature Study blog http://handbookofnaturestudy.blogspot.com/
36. Host a party at our house.
37. Live Out Loud