Our day started out a little rough. SiSi needs a new winter coat so she and I went out this morning in search of one. She has major sensory challenges. We fully believe she has Sensory processing disorder. This presents a challenge in everything from food, clothing and lighting, to the type of furniture she can sit on or how the seats are covered in our vehicle. So today was hard because she could not touch most of the coats that we looked at. Anything she could touch was not her style. I get it, when you are 16yo you usually don’t want to wear something your mom would wear. We went to six different stores today before she became too frustrated to shop. Of course this means we will have to try again. I’ll have to purchase more rum before that shopping trip.
After getting back with her I had the younger three get ready so we could head out for a visit to one of our state parks. Today we headed to Mounds State Park and that trip alone basically covers my thankful post for today.
1. State Parks. Having access to these anytime we like is a great gift. $35 for a year for our entire family just cannot be beat.
2. Selfies in the state park. I know some people do not like them. I however, think they are awesome and love the memories they can capture. Sometimes they are just funny and that is something to capture in pixels so you can download it later and smile.
3. Streams. I love their sound.
Second Photo credit goes to Ashlyn
4. Trees. Even though the leaves have almost all fallen they are still beautiful.
(photo credit goes to Emily)
5. Nature centers. I didn’t take any pics of the one we visited today but it was jammed packed with info even though it was one of the smaller ones we have been to. They even had a craft event going on but the girls chose not to make the turkey call.
6. The preservation of history. Mounds state park is named such due to ten earthworks that are on the property. These have been protected so that the public can view them while hiking in the park. Our short hike took us past three of the ten. It is amazing to think of an ancient civilization creating these and wondering what the purpose was exactly.
This is the right side of the large mound. Not the best picture.
This is the left side. You can see better here the ditch between the outer and inner sections.
In this pic you can see the higher outer ring to the right of Emily. This walk up takes you closer to the center of the mound but does not allow access.
7. Lower gas prices. It makes traveling less expensive!
8. Jorry’s encouragement of my Etsy shop today.
9. The Walking Dead. I really like that show. Dear Daryl, Please don’t die.
10. Another day. 🙂